– 1 (16 oz) can crushed pineapple
– 1 package lime gelatin
– 1 c. grated American cheese
– 1 c. whipping cream
– ½ cup of chopped pecans
– 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
– In small saucepan bring crushed pineapple and juice to boiling.
– Add lime gelatin and remove from heat. Stir until dissolved then add lemon juice.
– Pour into bowl and let chill in refrigerator until partially set.
– Fold in whipped cream and grated cheese, then add chopped pecans.
– In a suitably sized saucepan, bring the crushed pineapple to boiling.
– Pour into serving bowl and chill in a refrigerator several hours or overnight.